Position: Full Time Junior/Mid-Level Systems Support
Location: Baltimore, MD
MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years. Our Baltimore, MD location is currently seeking a full time Junior Systems Support Technician.
Support and troubleshoot Operating Systems, Networks and Applications. This is a great opportunity for a junior level technician/engineer to gain a lot of real world experience while working closely with senior level engineers. Further growth and learning opportunities are available for those interested in Software Development.
- Support desktops and laptops in a Windows environment.
- Help resolve desktop hardware and software issues; Should be experienced in common applications, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming helpdesk, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with desktop hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies.
- Perform installation, configuration, deployment and troubleshooting of desktop computers and peripherals
- Load specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer.
- Help support mobile devices
- Support other office technology, such as televisions, projectors, video conference equipment etc.
- Experience creating custom network cables and/or replacing ends on existing cables
- High School degree or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Ability to train end users – both one-on-one and in groups.
- Strong Desktop Support skills and 3-5 years relevant IT Support experience
- Good knowledge of computer hardware (workstations and peripherals)
- Ability to quickly identify specific hardware problems and troubleshoot
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management
- Demonstrate ability to grow in position and responsibilities up to and including server and network administration.
This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer. We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k.
Interested candidates may E-mail their resume, cover letter and salary requirements for immediate consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: HR Recruiter
I certify that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision.
This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 45 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that, unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an “at will” nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause. It is further understood that this “at will” employment relationship may not be changed in any written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive of this organization.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the employer.