Position: Machinist / Fabricator
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years.
Our facility in Baltimore, MD is seeking a qualified manual machinist /fabricator. The ideal candidate will have experience performing duties as a conventional a manual machinist / fabricator. The Machinist/Fabricator will setup and run lathes, mills, shapers and grinders. The machinist will work from blueprints and drawings as well as engineering documentation. A creative thinker is strongly desired for designing various testing fixtures.
Machinist Job Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Setting up mills and lathes, including zero and calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must have welding experience. (Certified Welder is a Plus)
- Must have mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and machine shop equipment.
- Must be able to perform work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to properly lift thirty pounds.
- Must be able to effectively communicate.
- Must pay strict attention to detail and possess good judgment.
- Must be able to frequently lift, reach overhead, bend, push/pull, walk, climb, stand, kneel, squat, and stoop.
- Vocational/Trade School education for machining practices preferred.
- Maintenance or mechanical experience a huge plus, but not required.
- Basic PC knowledge (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Conceptual Skills
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience as a machinist / fabricator or combination of schooling and work experience.
This is a full time position and MET is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k.
Fax resume to 410-354-3313 or send Email to: Tamlyn.Franklin@metlabs.com
Candidates willing to relocate will be considered.