Military EMC Test Engineer – Austin, TX
Military EMC Test Engineer / EMC Lab (Electromagnetic Compatibility)
Location: Austin, TX
MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years. Austin, TX location is currently seeking first shift Military EMC Test Engineers, dedicated team players, who can perform Military EMC testing.
• Perform EMC testing in accordance with MIL-STD-461, RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-1275, MIL-PRF-28800, and many other standards, as well as customer specific testing requests.
• Create/modify internal documents related to Military EMC testing.
• Provide training and guidance to other testing staff.
• Troubleshoot test failures and assist customers with design modifications.
• Assist lab manager with related tasks.
• BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Clear Understanding of EMC standards (MIL-STD-461, RTCA DO-160, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with a wide variety of Military EMC testing
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• BS in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
• 5 years of experience in an EMC Laboratory
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.metlabs.com
This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidate to interact with a number of different customers on many different levels. The position will be primarily first shift; however some overtime will be required.
This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer.
We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k. Interested candidates may E-mail their resume, cover letter and salary requirement for immediate consideration to: email@example.com, Attention: HR Recruiter