Position: Shipping Clerk/Administrative Assistance
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Our Santa Clara, CA location is currently seeking an entry level candidate for the split role of shipping clerk and administrative assistant. The selected candidate will be trained to handle the primary duties of handling shipping and receiving functions and for sending MET Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) test equipment out for calibration. The title for the position will be Shipping Clerk/Calibration Coordinator.
The selected candidate will receive approximately 60 hours of training during their first few weeks. They will report to the Santa Clara facility, directly to the West Coast Operations Manager and will receive additional direction for the EMC Lab Manager. The selected candidate will handle Shipping and Receiving functions for Santa Clara and EMC test equipment calibration for both the Santa Clara and Union City locations.
- Process and file inbound freight receipts.
- Maintain all logs associated with inbound/outbound freight.
- Create bar code labels (CEIT label) to be affixed to customer equipment.
- Process outbound shipments.
- Process International shipments.
- Track calibration due dates for EMC assets in Santa Clara and Union City.
- Request quotes for calibration and create/send purchase orders
- Create shipping request forms and take equipment from lab to shipping.
- Coordinate equipment repairs.
- Coordinate new equipment purchases.
- Assist managers, supervisors and engineers with equipment and facility related issues.
- High School Diploma
- Manual dexterity with hand and electric tools.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (clean DMV printout)
- Experience using MS Windows/Outlook/Word/Excel or similar software.
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English language
- Strong reading skills in English language
- Ability to work 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Occasional evening/weekend overtime and travel
To learn more about our company, visit our website at metlabs.com
This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidate to interact with a number of different clients on many different levels. This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer. We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k.
Interested candidates may E-mail their resume, cover letter and salary requirements for immediate consideration to: email@example.com, Attention: HR Recruiter
I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision.
This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 45 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that, unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an “at will” nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause. It is further understood that this “at will” employment relationship may not be changed in any written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive of this organization.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the employer.