Position: Technician /QA Equipment Custodian
Location: Union City, California
MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years. Our facility in Union City, California is seeking a qualified Technician /QA Equipment Custodian.
Technician /QA Equipment Custodian Job Duties:
- Perform QA checks, under the guidance of the Sr. Engineer
- Perform in house calibration, measurement uncertainty budgets and calculation in accordance with ISO 17065.
- Perform function checks on equipment returned from calibration (or outside the depts. possession)
- Set up, execute, and evaluate tests as designed and modified by Engineers.
- Understand the operation of the equipment under test.
- Document and record test results, provide results to Engineers.
- Unpack, store, control, repack customer equipment.
- Build and repair test equipment.
- Ensure that test equipment is calibrated or tested and operates properly.
- Verify test equipment is calibrated and operational.
- Interface with and update Engineers, Manager and Director on status of projects.
- Responsible for the organization and clean-up of work station and the environmental laboratory.
Machinist/Fabricator Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Technical Engineering College Degree or 4 year of related experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k.
Fax resume to 410-354-3313 or send Email to: Tamlyn.Franklin@metlabs.com
Candidates willing to relocate will be considered.