Position: Electrical Engineer (Entry Level) – New Program Coordinator/Test Engineer
Location: Baltimore, MD
The selected candidate will receive approximately 40 hours of training during their first few weeks. Then they will be assigned to research and coordinate program development activities for new areas of testing related to EMC. The selected candidate will report directly to the EMC Director and will work with EMC Lab Managers and Senior Engineers, locally in Baltimore, and remotely in all other locations, Austin, Santa Clara, CA, and Union City, CA. This research role is anticipated to continue for approximately 6 months. At the conclusion of the research role, the selected candidate will be provided with additional training and will be placed in one of the EMC groups in Baltimore as a test engineer. At that point, the selected candidate will begin to report to the appropriate lab manager.
- Receive training on and perform research and coordination activities for new programs in the EMC business line
- Receive training on and perform conducted/radiated radio frequency (RF) emissions/susceptibility testing.
- Test a wide range of cutting edge electronic equipment.
- Become an expert on electromagnetic phenomena, including RF, electrostatic discharge (ESD), magnetic fields, and more.
- Troubleshoot test failures and assist customers with design modifications.
- Assist lab manager with related tasks.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work 8:30am-5pm, Monday through Friday
- Occasional 2nd shift and evening/weekend overtime
This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidate to interact with a number of different clients on many different levels. This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer. We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k.
Interested candidates may E-mail their resume, cover letter and salary requirements for immediate consideration to: email@example.com, Attention: HR Recruiter
I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision.
This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 45 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that, unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an “at will” nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause. It is further understood that this “at will” employment relationship may not be changed in any written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive of this organization.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the employer.