Location: Union City, CA
MET Laboratories, Inc., is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.metlabs.com
Our location in Union City, CA has an immediate opening for Test Technician to join our Environmental Simulation Laboratory.
The candidate will be responsible for performing testing to existing standards and/or customer specifications and collecting and analyzing data for reporting purposes. Candidate may be involved in bidding projects (costing of small tools and supplies, subcontract labor cost, etc.). Other responsibilities may include equipment calibration (after in-house training).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, but applicants with relevant technical knowledge will be considered
- Must be familiar with a wide variety of test instruments
- Must have a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to keep track of all outstanding issues with test staff
- Must be able to keep track of all issues between test staff and other departments
- Must be able to read and comprehend the basic ideas behind common environmental test standards
- Must be adept at following procedures
- Independent study skills are required.
- Candidates with environmental (temperature, vibration, HALT, HASS seismic, shock) testing have a stronger chance of success.
MET offers a comprehensive benefits program:
- Paid Time Off Programs & Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical and Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Reimbursement Plan
- Medical Reimbursement Account
- Life Insurance Programs
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- k Plan Retirement Savings Program
- Legal Support for Non-citizens
- Workers Compensation
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
- And more!
This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may E-mail their resume for immediate consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: HR Recruiter