MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years. Our Baltimore, MD location is currently seeking an entry level Electronic Technician, a dedicated team player, who we can train to perform Military/Avionic Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing.
Many Electronic Technician jobs involve menial tasks, such as soldering connections, performing routine maintenance of equipment, and acting as a general helper. This is not the case in the MET EMC lab. Electronic Technicians at MET are responsible for conducting tests from start to finish and documenting test results. Performing EMC testing at MET labs is interesting, challenging, and enjoyable.
- Receive training on and perform conducted/radiated radio frequency (RF) emissions/susceptibility testing.
- Test a wide range of cutting edge, electronic military/avionic equipment.
- Become knowledgeable on electromagnetic phenomena, including radio frequency (RF), electrostatic discharge (ESD), Lightning, electromagnetic pulse (EMP), magnetic fields, and more.
- Assist lab manager with related tasks.
- AA, technical school, or equivalent work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work 8:30am-5pm, Monday through Friday
- Occasional 2nd shift and evening/weekend overtime
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.metlabs.com.
This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidate to interact with a number of different clients on many different levels. This position will be primarily first shift and will start out with training for the first one to two months. After initial training, overtime will be required as needed.
This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer. We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k. Interested candidates may E-mail their resume, cover letter and salary requirement for immediate consideration to: email@example.com, Attention: HR Recruiter