Battery Testing & Certification Capabilities
End-to-end testing & certification solutions helping you verify the integrity, reliability, performance and safety of your battery products.
Battery testing includes simulating the abuse a battery can take across a number of conditions including installation, transportation, aging over time and also it’s hardiness to operate as expected while maintaining physical integrity in environmental conditions such as earthquakes, averse temperatures, flooding, and fire.
We understand that time to market is everything which is why our global battery certification capabilities and custom testing solutions utilize the latest technology and automation software to help you identify hazards, minimize risk, maximize accuracy to reduce testing cycles and most importantly validate the physical integrity and safe performance of your battery products for faster turnaround time market
We help you ensure cell and battery compliance to attain the certifications needed for your demanding time-to-market needs. Our streamlined testing process ensures your batteries are in accordance with government, regulatory, or industry standards based on your compliance needs.
Our testing and certification capabilities include:
- IEEE 1625 Standard for Rechargeable Batteries for Multi-Cell Mobile Computing Devices
- IEEE 1725 Rechargeable Batteries for Cellular Telephones
- GR-4228-CORE VRLA Battery String Certification Levels Based on Requirements for Safety and Performance
- GR-3150-CORE Generic Requirements for Secondary Non-Aqueous Lithium Batteries
- GR–3168–CORE, Generic Requirements for Nickel Metal Hydride (
NiMH) Battery Systems for Telecommunications Use
- GR-3020-CORE Nickel Cadmium Batteries in the Outside Plant
- IEC 61960 Secondary lithium cells and batteries for portable applications
- IEC 61959 Secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes – Mechanical tests for sealed portable secondary cells and batteries
- IEC 60896-11 Stationary lead-acid batteries – Part 11: Vented types – General requirements and methods of tests
- IEC 60896-21 Stationary lead-acid batteries – Part 21: Valve regulated types – Methods of test
- IEC 60896-22 Stationary lead-acid batteries – Part 22:Valve regulated types –Requirements
- IEC 62133 Safety of Lithium Ion Batteries
- SAE J2380 Vibration Testing of Electric Vehicle Batteries
- UL 2054 Safety of Household and Commercial Batteries
- UL 1642 Safety of Lithium Batteries
- UN/DOT 38.3 Transportation Testing for Lithium Batteries
- VZ.TPR.9802 Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) Battery Qualification Test Requirements
Expertise and world-class facilities to meet your development schedule & compliance needs for market acceptance.
MET Labs has a dedicated Battery Testing Lab, with state-of-the-art Maccor battery analyzers and seasoned battery testing engineers. Trust MET to perform safety and environmental simulation testing of your Lead Acid, Lithium-based, Zinc-air, Aluminum-air, Sodium Sulfur, & Nickel-based batteries. MET has multiple multi-function Maccor test systems to provide the highest level of accuracy and time resolution. MET is also a CTIA Authorized Test Lab offering full scope CTIA accredited battery testing and certification services.
Test Criteria Evaluated:
- Short circuit
- Abnormal charging
- Abusive overcharge
- Forced discharge
- Limited power source
- Fire propagation & projectile hazard
- Life Testing
- Cycling Testing
- Capacity Measurement
- Charge Retention