To assure a prompt start and quick and efficient project progression the following items must be provided prior to the date the project is scheduled to begin:
- At least one fully functional sample typical of production. If the system is modular in nature, the sample shall be configured so as to draw maximum current. Where external loading is required to simulate actual operation, appropriate plugs and cables (where appropriate) shall be provided for the load. Cables shall have a minimum length of 10’. If the project is scheduled at an expedited pace, a second sample for evaluation purposes will be required. All peripheral products and support equipment that connect to the EUT that are necessary for proper operation, and their interconnecting cables and a list of these items.
- Software installed and ready to run where required for proper operation of the product.
- All hardware necessary for proper installation including rack and/or wall and/or ceiling mounting kits.
- Technical documentation including the following:
- Operator’s/user’s manual (draft ok) (In most situations these instructions shall be in the primary language of the intended reader).
- Installation/set up manual
- Maintenance information
- Block diagram of the product and of the overall configuration if the product involves ancillary equipment
- Schematics. Mainly we are concerned with schematics that relate to supply circuits, mains circuits and other high voltage circuits, high energy and current circuits, and telecommunication circuits.
- Trace layout drawings color-coded or otherwise marked to show separation of different circuits for the same circuits where schematics are required.
- Manufacturer data sheets for components located in supply circuits, mains circuits and other high voltage circuits, high energy and current circuits, and telecommunication circuits. The data sheets shall clearly identify the parts, their ratings and any certifications.
- Certification information for components located in supply circuits, mains circuits and other high voltage circuits, high energy and current circuits, and telecommunication circuits. For North America, we can accept manufacturer data sheets where the parts of concern clearly display an agency listing mark but require the Conditions of Acceptability (or equivalent) section of the certification report for any components that are agency recognized or classified. For the European Union (under the CE Marking system), we require copies of the Declarations of Conformity or other evidence of agency certification to applicable component standards. For the CB Scheme, we require CB test reports and certificates for the parts of concern or other evidence of agency certification to applicable IEC standards.
- For products that employ laser transceivers or that perform an optical function utilizing laser or LED radiation, we require evidence of compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. For North America, we require a copy of the letter from the FDA stating the accession number for Class 1 devices. For other than Class 1 devices we require this letter and a copy of the full application and report submitted to the FDA. For the European Union (under the CE Marking system), we require copies of the Declarations of Conformity to EN 60825-1 or –2 as applicable. We also require a statement of class and identification of markings and physical protection means provided that assures compliance. For the CB Scheme, we require CB test reports and certificates for the parts of concern or other evidence of agency certification to IEC 60825-1 or – 2 as applicable.
To minimize delays and project cost increases:
If the above technical documentation is provided in an electronic format (CD ROM, Diskette etc.) please provide a table of contents explaining the nature of all files. Electronic files should be provided in a format readable by MS Office, Adobe PDF or standard image formats (TIF, JPEG, BMP). MET does have access to several CAD readers, however to avoid unnecessary delays, it is recommended that a reader file be included with your submittal, or information on where the reader file may be downloaded.
All Documentation provided in hardcopy format shall be presented in a clear and concise manner, each page/package clearly marked as to what component it covers. Pages that relate to one another (i.e. all documentation on a power supply) shall be located together.
If any of this information is not provided at the start of the project or promptly upon request, project delays and increased costs may be incurred.