Meter Certification Program
Meter Certification Program
Trust your meter certification to Eurofins E&E North America
How do you know if the safety, reliability, and accuracy of each meter are the same?
The answer is simple: rely upon a proven leader in the testing, inspection, and certification industry.
Eurofins E&E North America, formerly known as Eurofins MET Labs, is part of a global network of electrical and electronics testing laboratories.
Our Meter Certification Program will minimize risk to you and your customers. The purpose of this program is to ensure accuracy, reliability and safety of watt-hour meters that are in the homes of millions of Americans.
Also, the use of an independent test laboratory for all your testing needs will guarantee that all meter manufacturers are subject to the same standards and requirements.
Providing the Solutions You Need
The Eurofins E&E Certification Program testing includes:
- Product Safety
- OSHA approved to test and certify watt hour meters to UL 61010 for the U.S. marketplace.
- Eurofins MET Labs is also approved by the Standards Council of Canada for standard CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1
- Surge Testing
- Surge capabilities range from 208VAC, 32A to 408VAC 32A Single or Three Phase
- ANSI C62.41 IEEE lightning surge immunity testing
- ANSI C37.90.1, IEEE standard surge withstand capability (SWC) tests for protective relays and relay systems
- Electromagnetic Capability
- Tests in accordance with ANSI C12.1 / C12.20 criteria including EFT, ESD, radiated immunity, surge and voltage dips
- Conducts radiated emissions testing in accordance to FCC part 15 as cited in ANSI C12.1 / C12.20
- Tests to determine wireless devices do not adversely affect the accuracy of the meter under environmental or fluctuating voltage conditions and continues compliance with ANSI C12.1 and C12.20 requirements after the installation of RF devices.
- Tests meters to the full temperature and external environment requirements of ANSI standards
Customize a Program
You can create your own certification program. Select which testing plans would fit your utility best, or use our Smart Meter Consultants to design a program to fulfill your needs.
Eurofins MET Labs Meter Certification Program assures that installation of wireless devices does not adversely affect the accuracy of the meter under any environmental or fluctuating voltage conditions.
We also ensure that the meter continues to comply with the ANSI C12.1 / C12.20 requirements after the installation of the RF devices.
Fast Automated Testing
WECO 4300 True Three Phase Automated Electric Meter Test System
A microprocessor controlled single station KWH comparator and KW demand testing unit, designed to test both socket meters Current Transformer (CT) and A base meters with the proper A base adapter installed
Accreditation and Recognition
- Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory
- TCB (Telecommunications Certification Body)
- Santa Clara A2LA #0591-02
- RF test facility for US, Canadian and international wireless standards
Trusted. Proven. Valued.
Let us show you the Eurofins difference when it comes to meter certification.
Click HERE to submit a request for quotation.