Update on COVID-19 Coronavirus Effects on Eurofins E&E North America Business Operations
In the face of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic, our company remains focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and customers.
The data that comes from Eurofins E&E laboratories directly supports the greater health and well-being of the general public. The analysis we provide directly impacts the safety and security of several major supply chains, all of which allow essential manufacturing operations to continue.
We believe Eurofins E&E provides services that are essential to public health and safety, such as critical product safety and medical device testing. Eurofins E&E also provides crucial support for internet and telecommunications systems, including the provision of essential national and local infrastructure for computing services, communications, and web-based services.
To that end, we are continuing operations at our laboratories, albeit on a modified basis. These modifications, based on WHO and CDC guidelines for proactively preventing the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, including the following:
- Non-essential staff are working remotely
- Laboratories have enacted applied segregation and appropriate social distancing
- Teams utilize electronic communications as much as possible to reduce contact between individuals
- All facilities have eliminated large group congregation
- All facilities have implemented reinforced hygiene and sanitization practices
Additionally, we will ensure that staff and customers follow the appropriate CDC guidelines for medical care and/or isolation if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Experiencing any form of illness
- Exposure to a symptomatic person
- Recent travel to a designated high-risk area/country
- Contact with a person who meets any of the criteria above.
Finally, we will be utilizing our state-of-the-art technology and processes to provide additional testing access to our customers without increased risk of COVID-19 exposure. We will announce more details on that very soon.
We will continue to monitor the guidelines and recommendations from federal, state, and local health officials and make necessary business operation changes as necessary.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this very trying time.