Product Safety Accreditations
Accreditations, local facilities and experience needed to ensure the compliance of your products for faster market access.
30 years ago, MET broke the UL monopoly for product safety testing and certification in the United States. Today, MET is the service leader for product safety approvals – not just in North America, but globally.
MET is qualified to NRTL certify products in over 180 UL Standard categories and can test to an additional 230+ standards for the U.S. market. For Canada, MET maintains a wide scope of SCC accreditation. We also offer expert third-party testing to almost any product safety standard for the European Union or Asia Pacific.
MET-accredited categories include consumer products, information technology and telecommunications products including NEBS equipment, medical devices, and equipment designed for hazardous locations.
Current Product Safety Accreditations Include:
- Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) – OSHA
- Standard Council of Canada (SCC)
- National Certification Body (NCB) – IECEE
- Designated U.S. Conformity Assessment Body (CAB)
- Measurement Canada
- Voluntary Council for Control of Interference (VCCI) (Japan)
- The Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI)