From design conception to end-product completion, our global testing capabilities help you ensure electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and environmental hardiness of your automotive components by assisting you in maximizing accuracy, reducing testing cycles, and enhancing process efficiency — even against the most demanding regulations. We test performance, reliability and environmental hardiness of vehicle and tractor/trailer electronic components to MIL-STD, SAE, IEC, DIN, ASTM, FCC standards and European Directive 95/54/EC (72/245/EEC) or ECE Regulation No.10.
We provide custom testing solutions utilizing the latest technology and automation software, helping you meet demanding time-to-market needs. From climatic, dynamic, and electrical environments to natural and vehicle-induced sources, our streamlined testing process brings your product from development to end use efficiently in accordance with your compliance needs for faster market access.
Our Automotive testing capabilities include:
- SAE J1455 – Joint SAE/TMC Recommended Environmental Practices for Electronic Equipment Design (Heavy-Duty Trucks)
- SAE J1113-2 – Conducted Immunity, 15 Hz to 250 kHz – All Leads
- SAE J1113-4 – Bulk Current Injection (BCI) Method
- SAE J1113-11
– Immunity to Conducted Transients on Power Leads
- SAE J1113-13 – Immunity to Electrostatic Discharge
- SAE J1113-21 – Electromagnetic Compatibility Measurement Procedure for Vehicle Components Part 21: Immunity to Electromagnetic Fields, 10 kHz to 18 GHz, Absorber-Lined Chamber)
- SAE J1113-22 – Electromagnetic Compatibility Measurement Procedure for Vehicle Components-Part 22-Immunity to Radiated Magnetic Fields From Power Lines
- SAE J1113-26 – Immunity to AC Power Line Electric Fields
- SAE J1113-27 – Immunity to Radiated Electromagnetic Fields – Mode Stir Reverberation Method
- SAE J1113-41 – Limits and Methods of Measurement of Radio Disturbance Characteristics of Components and Modules for the Protection of Receivers Used On-Board Vehicles
- SAE J1113-42 – Conducted Transient Emissions
- EN 55025 – Vehicles, Boats and Internal Combustion Engines. Radio Disturbance Characteristics. Limits and Methods of Measurement for the Protection of On-Board Receivers
- SAE J551-5 Performance Methods of Measurement of Magnetic and Electric Field Strength from Electric Vehicles
- ISO 16750-2:2010 -Road vehicles — Environmental conditions and testing for electrical and electronic equipment — Part 2: Electrical loads
Eurofins MET Labs can help electronic component manufacturers for the automotive industry obtain e-mark or E-mark approval according to the automotive directive 95/54/EC (72/245/EEC) or ECE Regulation No.10.
The approval process for e-mark or E-mark starts after the client provides relevant documentation and test samples for assessment and testing:
- Eurofins MET Labs carries out testing on samples in accordance with the Automotive Directive (Radiated immunity and Emissions).
- Eurofins MET Labs arranges the submission of all test reports/technical documentation to the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA).
- VCA issues a type approval certificate, subject to a satisfactory review of the submitted documents and Conformity of Production (CoP) assessment.
- Client can affix e-mark on the product after receiving approval number from VCA.
Many of the auto manufacturers have developed EMC and electrical test specifications tailored to their test approach. Eurofins MET Labs has the systems and methods necessary to conduct these tests.
- BMW 600 13.0 – Electric/Electronic components in cars
- BMW GS 95002 – Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Requirements and Tests
- BMW GS 95003-2 – Electric/Electronic assemblies in motor vehicles
- Chrysler PF 9326 – Electrical electronic modules and motors
- FORD FORD EMC-CS-2009 – Electromagnetic compatibilityÂ specification for electrical/electronic components and subsystems
- GMW3097GS- Radiated Emissions – Reverb Method
- Toyota TSC7001G – Engineering Standard (electric noise of electronic devices)
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.1 – Power Supply Voltage Characteristic Test
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.2 – Field Decay Test
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.3 – Floating Ground Test
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.4 – Induction Noise Resistance
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.5.3 – Load Dump Test-1
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.5.4 – Load Dump Test-2
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.5.5 – Load Dump Test-3
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.6 – Over Voltage Test
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.7.3 – Ignition Pulse (Battery Waveforms) Test-1
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.7.4 – Ignition Pulse (Battery Waveforms) Test-2
- Toyota TSC7001G-5.8 – Reverse Voltage
- Toyota TSC7006G-4.4.2 – Wide Band-Width Antenna Nearby Test (0.4 to 2 GHz)
- Toyota TSC7006G-4.4.3 – Radio Equipment Antenna nearby Test
- Toyota TSC7006G-4.4.4 – Mobile Phone Antenna Nearby Test
- Toyota TSC7018G – Static Electricity Test
- Toyota TSC7025G-5 – TEM Cell Test (1 to 400 MHz)
- Toyota TSC7025G-6 – Free Field Immunity Test (20 MHz to 1 GHz AM, 0.8 to 2 GHz PM)
- Toyota TSC7025G-7 – Strip Line Test (20 – 400 MHz)
- Toyota TSC7026G-3.4 – Narrow Band Emissions
- Toyota TSC7203G – Voltage Drop / Micro Drops
- Toyota TSC7508G-3.3.1 – Conductive Noise in FM and TV Bands
- Toyota TSC7508G-3.3.2 – Conductive noise in LW, AM and SW Bands
- Toyota TSC7508G-3.3.3 – Radiated Noise in FM and TV Bands
- Toyota TSC7508G-3.3.4 – Radiated Noise in AM, SW, and LW Bands
- Toyota TSC7203G – Engineering standard (ABS-TRC computers)
- Toyota TXC7315G – Electrostatic Discharge (Gap Method)
- Volkswagen VW TL 801 01 – Electric and Electronic Components in Cars
- Volkswagen VW TL 820 66 – Conducted Interference
- Volkswagen VW TL 821 66 – EMC Requirements of Electronic Components – Bulk Current Injection (BCI)
- Volkswagen VW TL 823 66 – Coupled Interference on Sensor Cables
- Volkswagen VW TL 824 66 – Immunity Against Electrostatic Discharge
- Volkswagen VW TL 965 – Short-Distance Interference Suppression
Eurofins MET Labs has a special competency in testing electric vehicles and EV charging stations in accordance with the European Automotive Directive, including Radiated Emissions and Immunity testing, and for SAE J551-5: Performance Methods of Measurement of Magnetic and Electric Field Strength from Electric Vehicles. Eurofins MET Labs is also an active member of OmniAir Certification Services and DoT Vehicle Awareness Device Program.